[ESS] Emacs taking over CPU

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 19:24:43 CEST 2013

Hi Frank,

The problem probably arises because you (or eldoc) sends some code to
subprocess when it is busy. This should happen extremely rarely, and
only when you are using visible evaluation (ess-eval-visibly == t).

In any case C-g should always help.

The issue should be even less frequent with new ESS13.09.

  Vitalie