[ESS] R crash on ESS

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Oct 28 20:36:17 CET 2013

On 10/28/2013 07:45 AM, Ahmadou Dicko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a little problem with a script that used to work fine with ESS 13-05.
> This is smallest reproductible example I know and it requires to download a
> jar file (maxent,jar<http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~schapire/maxent/>) and
> copy this jar file it on the folder ./java  in the R dismo package.
>
> Everytime I run this script using ESS I have a segfault but it runs
> smoothly using Rstudio and the terminal  :
>
> require(dismo)
> require(rgdal)

Dear Ahmadou:

This might be an ESS bug.  I can't tell yet.  Could you try
to narrow it down a bit more?  I don't use rgdal
(or rJava, etc.) since they require other libraries (i.e. not just R
packages and more than the download above).

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD
Manager of Statistical & Computational Operations