[ESS] Usage of ESS developer together with devtools and load_all

Rainer M. Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Fri May 31 11:34:56 CEST 2013

Sorry if this has been posted, but I could not find it.

Hi

I am using at the moment devtools and the function load_all() instead of
library() to load the packages on which I am working on. Now I saw ESS
developer and it looks like a very handy tool in package
development. But I have one problem: when I add a package (say asm) to the
development list, it gets loaded by a executing library(asm). But I am
editing in the package directory of asm and have no package asm installed which can
be loaded (actually, this is not true, but the version installed is old
and I could actually delete it...). Is there any way that I can set the
command executed in R to load_all("/packages/asm")? And this is where it
gets tricky - the path.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rainer