[ESS] cleanup ess namespace (prefix)

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 09:29:26 CET 2013

Thanks for the point.

To be precise, there are four non-prefixed names:

   get-ess-process
   get-ess-buffer
   with-ess-process-buffer
   update-ess-process-name-list

All of these have -ess- in their name and hence are unlikely to cause
conflicts. All other names starting with inferior-ess are fine because
inferior-ess- is a prefix.

For consistency and better user experience we probably should rename
those 4. One obvious alternative is the following:

   ess-get-process
   ess-get-process-buffer
   ess-with-process-buffer
   ess-update-process-name-list