[ESS] help("foo") opens web browser but ?foo doesn't

Henrik Singmann henrik.singmann at psychologie.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Mar 13 16:13:28 CET 2013

Hi Keith,

Great, your pointer solved the issue. I just added the following to my .emacs:

(defun my-R-execute-options ()
     (ess-command "options(help_type = \"html\")\n"))
(add-hook 'ess-R-post-run-hook 'my-R-execute-options)

The relevant post from Vitalie Spinu can be found here: https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/2012-September/008204.html

Thanks a lot for everyone who helped and thanks for ESS,
Henrik