[ESS] trace(edit=TRUE) under MS Windows

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 10:15:33 CET 2013

Hi Ross,

It works fine for me on linux. The error message you get is from emacs
not R. You have to start emacs server before able to run emacsclient.

Put this into your .emacs:

   (require 'server)
   (server-start)

The following, ESS specific alternative could also be used here.  Press
C-c C-e C-d and choose mice.impute.2L.norm. Edit and eval or source.

For simple cases that should work fine. For more complex situations you
have to source into the package environment/namespace. Activate
ess-developer (C-c C-t C-t) and add a package you want to source into
(C-c C-t C-a). From now on all you eval/load commands should work on
that package environment/namespace instead of .GlobalEnv.

    Vitalie