[ESS] Debug mode puts point in the wrong buffer

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Jun 21 15:21:54 CEST 2013

    > Hi Vitalie, Thanks a lot! I updated and I now see *both*
    > buffers in debug mode.  The point is in 'grid-stuff.R' and
    > M-N etc. works :-)

    > For some reason, I guess I am a good 'test user' ... I run
    > into many bugs with all kinds of software (not sure if
    > this is :-) or :-( ).

    > The mails with screenshots were rejected by the list's
    > 'moderator' due to their size (not sure if this is a bug
    > -- screenshots can be very helpful as we saw).

Hmm.. no.  I got at least two screen shots from you, Marius.
Maybe some of them were too large, or in an image format that's
not allowed?

As ESS-help moderator (and "list overlord" of @r-project.org lists),
I'm wondering what made you say above.

    > Thanks again for helping on this (and also so quickly).

indeed!  and much thanks to Marius who persevered convincing
Vitalie that there must have been a bug.. ;-)

Martin