[ESS] Debug mode puts point in the wrong buffer

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 23:25:22 CEST 2013

 >> Marius Hofert <marius.hofert at math.ethz.ch>
 >> on Tue, 18 Jun 2013 23:03:16 +0200 wrote:

 > Hi,
 > everytime I debug a function (latest ESS version), I get a buffer
 > which shows the current line (highlighted) and the R buffer
 > ("Browse[.]>"). However, the point is always thrown in former buffer
 > and thus requires me to manually put it in the R buffer...
 > Can you change this behavior, please? [it's really annoying]

I don't understand much from your story. Please give more details and a
reproducible example.

You are never thrown to another buffer if you are in *R* buffer. And you
should not be thrown to a wrong buffer unless R gives wrong or
incomplete browser location. If there are two buffers with the same name
and both match R's reference, the most recent will be selected.  So it
should not cause any problems in this case also.

    Vitalie