[ESS] ESS eats output?

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Jun 6 20:56:26 CEST 2013

Using system.time with a long-running (~ 30 - 60 minutes) command did
not produce any timing information.
 > system.time(imp <- mice(sp2a, m=1, maxit=1, method=ini$method,
pred=ini$pred, seed=1776))

  iter imp variable
   1   1  pAnyUAVI  HIVTest

The command produced the output shown while it ran.  The little progress
indicator on the status bar twirled throughout, or at least every time I
checked.

Does ESS give up looking for output after awhile?

This was after using tracebug and ess developer, though I had removed
all breakpoints before the run shown above.

ESS git as of May 21, 56e277b089d3b780d766c4f0805fef9e37a91022.
Windows 7,  emacs 24.2.1, R 2.15.3.

Ross Boylan