[ESS] Running different flavor of R.

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 19:34:25 CEST 2013

 >> gerald.jean at dgag.ca

[...]

 > Starts TERR no problem, but for some reason I can't get any "visible"
 > output from TERR, I can't even quit it without killing the buffer, and the
 > process, it is running in???  Here is a sample session:

 > WARNING: unknown option '--no-readline'. Try -h for help.

[...]

 > Could the "WARNING" at the start of the session have something to do with
 > it???

Most likely. I guess they started by removing things that they think are
useless, a pretty bad start. Try to figure out if there is a differently
named option that does the same thing. Or may be a differently named
executable.

There is no way to download this beast from their website, so I guess
it is unlikely to be supported by ESS.

    Vitalie