[ESS] can I make ess to recognise ~/.bashrc

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 11 13:49:32 CEST 2013

Thanks, Vitalie. I am now defining these environment variables pointing
to .RProfile within emacs. The last problem I have is that I need to
define a particular path to the R executable when using TRAMP to start R
(M-x R) as there are several versions of R installed.

Apparently this setting will set this:

      (setq inferior-R-program-name "c:/progra~1/R/R-2.15.1/bin/Rterm.exe")

Can i adjust this so that hitting M-x R on may local machine and doing
so using tramp beeing connected to a remote server will use different paths?

Cheers
Jannis