[ESS] emacs ess and fedora 17

Mark Leeds markleeds2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 16:47:21 CET 2013

Hi: I switched from fedora 15 to fedora 17 recently and I'm pretty sure
that I downloaded emacs-ess from the add software icon during that process.
But now when I'm using emacs-ess, I
have an old problem that I had a long time ago. This problem is that when I
run commands in the top ess window, the bottom ess windows scrolls up
rather than down so that the prompt is not moving so that it's aligned with
the code in the top.  I probably didn't explain that well but if this has
happened to anyone else, I'm sure you know what I mean.

I've attached my dotemacs file which I think contains the commands that
fixed this whenever it happened a long time ago. So my guess is that file
is no longer getting executed probably
because I am using emacs-ess from a repository rather than from Vincent
Goulet's site.

So, I was wondering

A) is there a command for figuring what emacs-ess I'm currently running
when I fire up emacs.

B) Does anyone know what I can do to solve my current problem ? If
installing the version from Vincent's site is the way to go, I can do that
but I don't know how to get rid of the
current one.

Thanks for any enlightment.