[ESS] ESS 12.09-2 released

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at dgfc.ulaval.ca
Sun Jan 13 05:16:07 CET 2013

My distributions are updated

        http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/en/emacs

> From the NEWS file:

Version 24.2-modified-5 (12 January 2013)

UPDATES

o ESS 12.09-2

o Org 7.9.3c

o psvn.el is now revision 1369093 of Subversion source code repository
  with Andre Colomb's and Koji Nakamaru's patches to support
  Subversion 1.7; see
  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox//subversion-dev/201208.mbox/%3C503B958F.6010906@schickhardt.org%3E
  The original file appears to actually be *older* than Stefan
  Reichoer's version of 2012-03-26 in some respect, but using the
  Subversion sources version made it easier to apply the patches.

> In addition, for the OS X version:

(MORE OR LESS) USER VISIBLE CHANGE

Shell environment variables, most notably $PATH, are imported into
Emacs using a different, faster and apparently more reliable
technique.

The previous code (lifted and adapted from Aquamacs) would start a
shell and copy the whole environment using 'printenv'. For some
reason, this not seldomly failed and 0 environment variables were
imported.

The new code (adapted from Steve Purcell's exec-path-from-shell.el
<https://github.com/purcell/exec-path-from-shell>) instead copies only
the environment variables listed in 'import-env-from-shell-variables'.
By default, these are $PATH, $MANPATH and $LANG. If you relied on
other variables being imported into Emacs with previous versions, you
can Customize 'import-env-from-shell-variables', or else append to it
in your .emacs file; see the site-start.el[*] file for an example of how
to do so.

* Typically, this is in
  /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp/site-start.el

Vincent Goulet
Université Laval