[ESS] ESS Subversion (and RMarkdown)

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Thu Feb 28 23:41:04 CET 2013

Le 02/28/2013 05:28 PM, Martin Maechler a écrit :

> [...]
>
> Actually, you should nowadays use
>
> M-x ess-version
>
> which tells you more (the subversion revision number, *and* its date)

As a matter of fact, I also tried that one, but this was not more informative:

ess-version: 12.09-2 [<unknown>]

And I concluded that the current development version was not loaded. Shall
I understand from your answer that I was wrong, and that the development
version was actually loaded, despite the error message?

> .... and indeed, the current development version still carries the
> "12.09-2" version string....  mainly because it still does not contain
> much more than 12.09-2.
>
> To your main question: Yes, Vitalie had planned to look at R Markdown support,
> but he has not finished that yet..

OK, good to hear that it is planned! I actually tried to install the
development version hoping to help on testing this feature -- and the offer
is certainly still valid (although my Lisp skills are almost non-existent).

Thanks Martin for your answer!
Mathieu.