[ESS] Does M-x package-install compile ESS's e-lisp?

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 00:31:51 CET 2013

Hi,

The package from MELPA imports only lisp and etc directories and it
*does* compile elisp files (I have just tried). Make is essential only
for pdf/html/info stuff.

I am personally not using this distribution but other people reported
that it works.  The missing info/ref-card can be solved on our side if
we include a compiled version of those in the trunk. They actually used
to be there till fairly recently. I think we should put these two back.

    Vitalie