[ESS] Finishing dump

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 10:14:11 CEST 2013

 >> Igor Sosa Mayor <joseleopoldo1792 at gmail.com>
 >> on Fri, 16 Aug 2013 09:31:51 +0200 wrote:

 > Hi,
 > if I edit an object with ess-dump-object-into-edit-buffer, which is the
 > best way to go back to the iESS process? (i want the edit-buffer to
 > disappear)

Nothing special for that buffer. It is an usual R script buffer.

If you want C-x k not to ask for the buffer and make the whole process
of killing a bit faster:

   (global-set-key (kbd "C-x k") '(lambda ()
                                    (interactive)
                                    (if server-buffer-clients
                                        (server-done)
                                      (kill-this-buffer))))

It also works like C-x # for server edits.

 > I tried:
 > + C-c C-c sends the object back but the buffer remains.
 > + C-c C-z seems to switch between buffers (*R* and edit buffer),
 >   although it seems to wait for another key...

Yes, for another C-z to jump to the most recent script.

   Vitalie