[ESS] help popup: how to configure?

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 15:18:36 CEST 2013

Strictly speaking this has nothing to do with ESS. AC removes the popup
on user input, and if it fails, that means it is an AC/openbox
issue. You should report it on AC bug list but try to reproduce the
problem in elisp mode first.

I find quick-help annong and thus bind these keys for help-on-demand:

   (define-key ac-completing-map (kbd "M-h") 'ac-quick-help)
   (define-key ac-mode-map (kbd "M-H") 'ac-last-quick-help)
   ;; (define-key ac-mode-map (kbd "M-H") 'ac-last-help)

It might solve the issue.

I am also setting ac-quick-help-prefer-pos-tip to t, as I don't like
native "yellow" tooltips.

    Vitalie