[ESS] ess-developer can't find just loaded library

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Wed Apr 10 21:06:02 CEST 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-10 at 18:37 +0200, Vitalie Spinu wrote:
> >> Ross Boylan <ross at biostat.ucsf.edu>
>   >> on Wed, 10 Apr 2013 08:25:01 -0700 wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>  > Why is this case any different from all the other ones in which C-c C-t
>  > C-a does list libraries that were just attached?
>
> R looks into standard libraries. You have attached from a different
> location. This is how I understand .package docs.
It also looks at non-standard libraries in libPaths.  If I go
.libPaths("Rlib")
library(silly)
and then proceed as before, i.e.,
C-c C-t C-t
C-c C-t C-a
"silly" does appear on the list of packages to add; in fact it's at the
start.

However, if I put a breakpoint in foo and C-c C-l the file the
breakkpoint happens but the line is not highlighted in the source window
when the break occurs.  When I step the highlight remains off.

I thought the line was highlighted earlier, but just now if I do not
use .libPaths and add with C-u C-c C-t C-a the source line is not
highlighted.  I restarted the R session before doing the experiment.

None of these scenarios reproduced my original problem.

Ross