[ESS] ess-developer can't find just loaded library

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Wed Apr 10 08:45:44 CEST 2013

> While trying to isolate my other problem I ran into a different one.
>
> One possibility is that these problems are a result of combining
> different versions of ESS.
Probably not.  I started with emacs --no-site and removed the line from my
personal .emacs file that executes the standard system startup.

I also tried enabling the developer mode (C-c C-t C-t) before loading the
library.

In neither case did C-c C-t C-a recognize that silly was an available
name.  Nonethless, search() showed it on the path, and I was able to
execute functions from the package in the workspace after loading the
library.

Very weird.
Ross

P.S. My .emacs file includes