[ESS] *Beta* release of ess-12.09

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Sep 18 10:43:39 CEST 2012

    > Dear ESS lovers, By the end of this week, we plan to
    > release ESS 12.09 to the public.  As there are have been
    > many changes, not all of which are (completely) back
    > compatible, and also internal reorganization of some
    > parts, and as in addition, Emacs 23 and 24 are both used
    > in different places, we are asking for your cooperation in
    > the true sense Free software spirit of "share and enjoy":
    > We'd like you to *beta* test the current ESS 12.09 where
    > M-x ess-version says "12.09 [rev. 5110 (2012-09-15)]"

[.............]

    > The first bug report -- you do not have to send in :-) :

    > There is *NO* list of "Changes/New Features in 12.09"
    > yet...  even though there are many.

svn log -vr 4900:HEAD

gives the list of the log messages of all 128 commits up to now,
many of which should *NOT* be mentioned in
     doc/newfeat.texi

There is still a large amount of changes we should mention
though.
I have committed a small/partial outline of those new features I
quickly found / remembered.
... well, forgot the recent "find R in Windows"

Please do add and edit!

Martin