[ESS] ess-remote

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri Sep 14 18:11:54 CEST 2012

On 09/14/2012 11:00 AM, Sam Steingold wrote:
> Dear Rodney,
> I am afraid I do not understand your reply.
> What is the correct way to run R on a remote machine?
> Thanks!
> Sam.

Two ways:

a) use nxclient
b) use ssh -X with tramp

Although, the last time that I tried b) help was broken; search
ESS-help for details.  So, I can only really recommend a).  But, I
must say: a) is fantastic.  If you haven't tried it, then I strongly
encourage you give it a shot.  There is now also a somewhat
related FOSS package called x2go that might be even better,
but we have not gotten around to installing it yet.

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor