[ESS] knitr

Rasmus rasmus at gmx.us
Tue Oct 23 03:44:35 CEST 2012

Michael Lawrence <lawrence.michael at gene.com> writes:

> I'm also thinking that it would be convenient to produce multiple outputs,
> instead of a single report. For example, select plots and tables might land
> in a streamlined report for a collaborator.

You could do this using tag and write an script which excludes
different tags.  I.e. file.report.tex excludes headings with tag
collaborator while file.col.tex includes everything.  This should be
fairly easy with the 'new exporter'.

> I'm very close to taking on an extension of babel's R backend to make it as
> convenient as knitr but with the interactive features. It would also
> support multiple outputs via a report generator abstraction that could be
> implemented for arbitrary targets.

There's an approach that I like here

    https://github.com/chasberry/orgmode-accessories

I'm not sure whether it solves the graphics issues you mentioned.

–Rasmus

--
Got mashed potatoes. Ain't got no T-Bone. No T-Bone