[ESS] ESS process selection menu

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 00:07:25 CET 2012

  >> Michael Lawrence <lawrence.michael at gene.com>
  >> on Fri, 16 Nov 2012 11:48:58 -0800 wrote:

  > Had some ideas for improving the menu that comes up when switching/choosing
  > ESS processes for a buffer. Right now, it lists the process names, whereas
  > it would be easier on the mind if it used the name of the buffer with which
  > the process is associated.

Yes, this is on our to do list of pretty high priority. Thanks for the
reminder.

  > Another suggestion is that the default choice should be set to the
  > one last chosen.

Currently it proposes the most recently used one first. I think this
makes more sense. If you need to switch several buffers to the same
process, just navigate to the process buffer, and then switch to it all
the buffers you need.

    Vitalie