[ESS] (no subject)

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri May 18 15:45:35 CEST 2012

On 05/17/2012 03:15 PM, Tin Shan Suen wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I just upgraded from ESS 5.4 to ESS 12.04-2 when I started XEmacs, I got an error message (but I forgot to copy it down). I used ESS+XEmacs for R and I have been using the init.el file provided by John Fox that I downloaded from his website. Once I upgraded the ESS, there is problem to initialize XEmacs. Can I still use the old init.el ? Do I need to adjust the init.el file? Please help.
>
> Warm Regards
>
> Michael

Hi Michael:

It's hard to say exactly with the limited information that you provided.
  But, from 5.4 to 12.04-2 is a pretty dramatic leap;
nearly 3 years of development and 10-12 releases.  So, it would
not surprise me if a few tweaks were necessary.  Also, you might
want to consider the current development version which has a few
bug fixes for XEmacs that are not in 12.04-2  See
http://ess.r-project.org/index.php?Section=download
for more details.

Rodney