[ESS] Problems after Debian update

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Sat May 5 13:14:28 CEST 2012

I got a copy of stata, so got playing with ess-sta-d.el.

There is one ugly, historical thing over there -
inferior-STA-program-name is set to "env" and the final call is
hardcoded as "env TERM=emacs stata". It looks like this workaround is no
longer necessary, comint takes care of setting
TERM=dumb. inferior-ess-make-comint is also setting STATATERM=emacs.

Is there any difference in setting TERM=emacs vs TERM=dumb for stata?

In my test it doesn't matter at all. So, if there are no objections I am
changing inferior-STA-program-name to "stata" with all ancillary
corrections.