[ESS] auto-completion for in buffer variables

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 14:43:05 CET 2012

  > Since ttt is in my R workspace, I get completion for this when writing
  > the function.
  > Completion for aaa is not provided, since aaa is not yet part of the
  > workspace.

Yes you can. It's normal ac configuration.

Put this into ess-mode-hook and/or inferior-ess-mode-hook:

(add-to-list 'ac-sources 'ac-source-words-in-buffer t)

I was actually thinking to add it to the default sources, but something
stopped me, don't remember what. I will consider adding it by default.

Best,
Vitalie.