[ESS] public git mirror?

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 6 17:21:11 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 14:54, Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa at mcw.edu> wrote:
> Vitalie Spinu wrote:
>>
>> GitHub branch is fully functional at https://github.com/emacs-ess/ESS
>> . There is also an exact SVN mirror at
>> https://github.com/emacs-ess/ESS-mirror .

Thank you, Vitalie!

>> It's quite disappointing, though, that the notification system is
>> rather rigid and buggy. My replies to github emails are not getting
>> through, so need to use their web interface for that :(
>>
>> Best,
>> Vitalie.
>>

> Good job!  Now, we don't even have to develop; the fixes and features
> will just roll in ;o)

Just one thing (also, why I'm reluctant to enlarge ESS core quickly):
Whoever among us (ESS core) commits things to the SVN sources of ESS,
is the person responsible for that part of the code, so do test
(before committing),
typically also call 'make' (inside the 'lisp' directory or above) and
watch the compiler warnings
{{notably once we have eliminated a host of those .. ;-) }}

Martin