[ESS] Can not interrupt long printing

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:31:18 CEST 2012

On 25/06/12 15:24, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
> You can always move the point to the "last place" (not sure what the technical term is) by C-c
> C-e (works in an comint buffer).

I haven't tried it, but I guess that without the comint-scroll-to-bottom-on-output variable set,
it will be in the middle again before I can presss Ctrl-c to interrupt R.

> I set R options in my ~/.Rprofile.

As I mentioned, I start R under ESS with the --vanilla option, which does not load any config
files. The reason is that I run simulations locally and on a cluster and would like to keep
settings consistent without having to worry about different config files.

Cheers,

Rainer

> Kasper

>>> I'll try if this changes anything and give some feedback.
>>
>>> This seems to have solved the problem: The cursor is always at the end, so a Ctrl-c is
>>> accepted.
>>
>> Ok, I only now see the problem. So Ctrl-c works only after the process mark. Then, I would
>> say that this is a bug in comint or ESS. Will investigate.
>>
>> Thanks.

>>> I should actually. But I am starting R with --vanilla, so the defaults are used - is there
>>> a way in ESS that I can set options? (I am sure there is)
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>
>>> Rainer

- --
Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys.
(Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44