[ESS] Can not interrupt long printing

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 11:36:52 CEST 2012

On 25/06/12 10:52, Vitalie Spinu wrote:
>>> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug at gmail.com> on Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:51:32 +0200 wrote:
>
>> Probably related: after printing (as above) a large object, the cursor stays in the middle of
>> the visible part of the emacs buffer and the end of the object is below the bottom of the
>> buffer.
>
> If you didn't set comint-scroll-to-bottom-on-output then this is reasonable. Comint will not
> scroll the buffer unless you are at the end of it.

I'll try if this changes anything and give some feedback.

This seems to have solved the problem: The cursor is always at the end, so a Ctrl-c is accepted.

Thanks.

> I guess you know about max.print option. Set it to something small, like 1000, to avoid the
> listing of big objects.

I should actually. But I am starting R with --vanilla, so the defaults are used - is there a way
in ESS that I can set options? (I am sure there is)

Thanks,

Rainer

> Vitalie.

- --
Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys.
(Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44