[ESS] Current version?

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Jan 24 17:54:26 CET 2012

Ken Williams wrote:
>> No, that's the whole point.  5.15 is not stable period.
>>

> Okay, so any testing at this point is not helpful at all?  I was trying to figure out whether some bad stuff I'm seeing in 5.14 is fixed or not in 5.15, but I guess I'm being told poking around wouldn't be helpful.
>
>  -Ken

Hi Ken:

Well, that's two different things really.  If you want to see if 5.15
has fixed your favorite bug, then by all means.  Same goes if you
are interested in seeing the new features of 5.15.  But, if you are
looking for a stable snapshot, then you are out of luck.  Generally,
the latest development version will at least work, but its a work in
progress and it may contain bugs that have not been tracked down
and/or incomplete features.  The released version may also
have bugs as we all know, but hopefully fewer and/or only edge cases.
I like to think of a development version as unstable and a released
version as stable.  YMMV

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor