[ESS] Automatic insertion of space after comma in iESS mode

Heinz Tuechler tuechler at gmx.at
Mon Jan 23 16:39:24 CET 2012

Dear Vitalie,

using an archaic ESS version I am not immediately
concerned, but generally I support the idea to make smart features switchable.
As long as I use different programs, automatic
smartness is very confusing, at least for me. I
like spaces after commas not only in ESS, and for
me it's easier to always type them than to
remember, which program requires them and which inserts them automatically.
Of course, thank you for offering smart features.
I agree with Rich that ess-smartification functions could be very helpful.

best thanks,

Heinz