[ESS] Sweave Chunks

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 19:40:07 CET 2012

My config for hideshow works up to folding chunks and {..} blocks (C-c
h to toggle):

(load-library "hideshow")
(add-hook 'ess-mode-hook 'hs-minor-mode)
(define-key ess-mode-map [(control ?c) (?h)] 'hs-toggle-hiding)

(setq hs-special-modes-alist
      (cons '(ess-mode "{\\|\\(^<<[^>]+>>=\\)" "}\\|\\(^@\\)" nil
noweb-hs-forward-sexp-func nil)
	      hs-special-modes-alist))

(defun noweb-hs-forward-sexp-func (arg)
  (if (looking-at "<<[^>\n]+>>=")
      (re-search-forward "^@.*$" nil t)
    (forward-sexp arg)
    ))

The problem is that noweb resets the whole buffer whenever the point
switches contexts and removes all hideshow overlays. Any ideas?

Vitalie.