[ESS] ess patch: avoid (error "Invalid buffer")

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Mon Feb 27 19:10:03 CET 2012

> * Vitalie Spinu <fcvahivg at tznvy.pbz> [2012-02-27 19:01:17 +0100]:

>   > Thanks.
>   > Here is another patch: all non-editing modes in emacs should inherit
>   > from special mode map:
>
> Ok,  I see the point. So that special modes behave similarly.

yes. (note that special mode binds "z" to kill-this-buffer, so you might
want to consider removing your "k" binding)

> But this seems not to be the convention in xemacs, right?

IIRC, xemacs does not have set-keymap-parent, so my test for it should
be good.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) X 11.0.11004000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://iris.org.il http://jihadwatch.org