[ESS] emacs freeze when use ess-display-help-on-object with remote buffer .

Malcolm Cook malcolm.cook at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 14:16:40 CET 2012

Thanks Vitalie,

I have the problem running the latest pretest for MacOS from
http://emacsformacosx.com/builds, namely:

GNU Emacs 24.0.93.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)

running with ESS version 5.14

I have reproduced it with the latest nightly build of emacs.

However, changing the pager that R is using fixed the problem

options(pager = "cat")

kudos: Erix Iverson -
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/2010-August/006298.html

Thanks again for following up.