[ESS] public git mirror?

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:09:53 CET 2012

  YX> I think it almost completely depends on whether the developers want
  YX> this project to be decentralized or not. If a small group of rigid
  YX> developers is preferred, it will be hard for us to convince ESS
  YX> developers to move over, no matter how many goodies there are on
  YX> GitHub. That being said, I still want to second Vitalie.

Organizations on GitHub are actually a convex-combination of the
styles. The main team is working on a common repo. Everyone else is forking
the usual way. At least this is what I got from the description.

And it's not about switching yet, but rather about creating an official
mirror on GitHub. People can freely work the old svn ways if they wish
to.

Best,
Vitalie.