[ESS] Problem with preview of Rd files

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 17:46:48 CET 2012

"Richard M. Heiberger" <rmh at temple.edu> writes:

>> There is a font-lock issue in Rd preview. If the Rd buffer doesn't have
>> an associated file (as roxy generates it), the buffer is not
>> fortified. Looks like a font-lock bug to me.
>>

> My recollection is that a buffer unaffiliated with a file always opens in
> fundamental mode,
> no matter what the buffer's extension is.  Rather than opening a buffer,
> can you open a new file.
> You don't need to save it to get the behavior, but it does need to be a
> file.

The problem is that setting the Rd-mode, and activating font-lock
doesn't actually fontify the buffer. This should be unrelated to whether the
buffer visits a file or not, *R* buffer also doesn't  visit any file.

If I manually call font-lock-fontify-buffer, the *RoxyPreview* buffer is
fortified. If I call it from Rd-mode and ess-roxy-preview-Rd functions,
it is not. I must be missing something here.

Vitalie.