[ESS] Problem with preview of Rd files

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 09:00:47 CET 2012

Ben Bolker <bbolker at gmail.com> writes:

>   Any update on this?  I'm on Ubuntu 10.04 with ESS 5.14,
> Gnu Emacs 23.1.1.

I am looking into this. The problem is indeed that Rd preview requires a
file but roxy doesn't create one. If everyone agrees I will fix the C-c
C-p (Rd-preview-help) to create a temp associated file if missing.

>  However, I will also point out (if anyone's busy making
> improvements) that it would be really great to have a single
> command to preview text in a new buffer, rather than having
> to C-c C-e C-r and then C-c C-p ...

Yes, would be nice, there is already C-c C-e C-t to preview in HTML
(which you should use in meanwhile). I will create the text previewer
and bind to C-c C-e t if someone doesn't come with a better shortcut.

Best,
Vitalie.