[ESS] A RefTeX question with Sweave multi-file (variable reftex-file-extensions)

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:15:18 CET 2012

  >> Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk>
  >> on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:02:14 +0000 wrote:

  >> On a related theme, I have a problem with "C-c =" in slave
  >> documents. That is, contents is blank when I invoke C-c = form the
  >> included files.  Does it work for you?
  >>
  >> Thanks,
  >> Vitalie

  > hi Vitalie,

  > it should do, at least it did when I wrote reftex-toc (circa 1997, for
  > my thesis!)

  > Do you have something like

  > %%% Local Variables:
  > %%% mode: latex
  > %%% TeX-master: "thesis"
  > %%% End:

  > at the end of your slave documents?

Yes I do.

The ref tex config boils down to:

  (setq reftex-insert-label-flags '(t t))
  (turn-on-reftex)
  (setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)
  (setq reftex-extra-bindings t)

in latex hook. Nothing special.

Now that I know that it should work, I will investigate next time when I
deal with a multifile document.

    Vitalie