[ESS] A RefTeX question with Sweave multi-file (variable reftex-file-extensions)

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:21:00 CET 2012

Hi Laurent,

Sorry for being late on this. I hope you have solved this yourself. If
not, the solution is to customize reftex-include-file-commands and add
SweaveInput to the list. It started working for me after a restart.

I didn't know about this till today, when I finally dived into it. I was
not even aware that reftex can recognize \input and \include. It never
worked for me. The reason is that reftex requires the file name to end
with .tex, but latex doesn't. So I was never appending .tex and, as a
consequence, was never seeing the full contents.

On a related theme, I have a problem with "C-c =" in slave
documents. That is, contents is blank when I invoke C-c = form the
included files.  Does it work for you?

    Thanks,
    Vitalie