[ESS] Fwd: Re: [R] .Rd vs. .R, was: matrix multiplication

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 21:09:51 CET 2012

This is semi-tangential.  One thing I really miss from readline is the
ability to designate paths like

load("~khansen/data.rda")

ie. use the ~khansen to mean home dir of user khansen.  I want to use
this all the time, since I sit on a multiuser system and frequently
load stuff from other peoples homedir.

My understanding is that readline is what makes this work in normal
command line R, and this is why it doesn't work inside of Emacs.

Is there a way to address this particular issue?

Kasper