[ESS] ess-remote and help

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 23:37:11 CET 2012

  >> Neil Best <nbest at ci.uchicago.edu>
  >> on Mon, 3 Dec 2012 22:07:15 +0000 wrote:

  > Ali Tofigh <alix.tofigh <at> gmail.com> writes:
  >>
  >> To report back on my problems: yes, with tramp i got everything
  >> working. i only had to make sure that options(pager="cat") was set. it
  >> took a while though to get tramp working on my particular setup with
  >> our servers.

[...]

  > I am still getting the "ESS process not ready" behavior that Ali
  > originally reported.  I have tried all manner of approaches (M-x shell
  > followed by ssh, M-x ssh, M-x R from a Tramp buffer) and still cannot
  > achieve the desired, familiar behavior of C-c C-c and friends.  Here
  > is a little info about my environment:

Have you tried Ali's workaround: options(pager="cat")?

ESS does this for the shell environment on a local machine.  Shall we
add pager="cat" to the R options that ESS injects at the beginning of
the session? That would solve the issue once and forever.

 The question is: does this work on windows?

    Vitalie