[ESS] Care to critique some Emacs-ess slides?

Norm Matloff matloff at cs.ucdavis.edu
Fri Aug 24 20:50:51 CEST 2012

I always enjoy Yihui's famous humor. :-)

Concerning LyX:  As mentioned, what's missing is good macro capability.
Also, though it does export to .tex, it's very cluttered LaTeX code,
even more backslashes to annoy Yihui. :-)  Actually, I consider it
nearly unreadable.

Elvis, an offshoot of vi, has a LaTeX mode, which displays in
de-backslashed form the .tex file being edited.  You can toggle back and
forth between this mode and the real thing.  Maybe someone would like to
try to make an Emacs version?

Norm