[ESS] Problems invoking help when R wants to know which (of > 1) help pages you are looking for

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri Apr 27 15:37:32 CEST 2012

Brendan Halpin wrote:
> Changing the topic slightly, this has never worked properly for me in
> Stata, and currently it is not working at all.
>
> What settings and functions should I be looking at to debug this?
>
> Brendan

Hi Brendan:

Oh, that's a good question.  I don't have a complete answer.  But, take
a peak the the .help.ESS R function.  Interestingly, calling...
.help.ESS(print) outputs the help in the *R* buffer; and because it is
in the *R* buffer it is fontified nicely.  Maybe we should turn on the
fontification in the *help[R](...)* buffer too.

Rodney