[ESS] How to avoid search for versions of R

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:49:31 CEST 2012

Hi Heinz,

But you didn't tell us what is your problem. Is it slow?
Inferior-R-program-name should work anyhow.

I don't see a switch-off for this functionality, but you can look for
ess-site.el and comment the code which builds
ess-rterm-version-paths. It starts with

(ess-message "[ess-site:] before creating ess-versions-* ...")

Vitalie.