[ESS] ess-remote and help

Ali Tofigh alix.tofigh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 04:15:15 CEST 2012

I'm using the latest version of emacs for mac (23.4.1) and ess (12.04)
using the all-in-one installation file by Vincent Goulet (from the
link on the ess website).

I cannot get ess-remote to work with help files. I do the following:

M-x ssh (to remote server)
R (start R on the remote server)
M-x ess-remote
r (to choose the dialect)

which results in this single line being executed:

options(STERM='iESS', str.dendrogram.last ="'")

now if I just type 'help()' followed by RET I get a message:

"ESS process not ready. Finish your command before trying again."

The same message appears if I do C-c C-v. Does anyone have an idea on
how i can debug this issue?

/ali