[ESS] org-mode-like feature?

Marius Hofert marius.hofert at math.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 11 02:17:58 CEST 2012

Hi,

I like Emacs' org-mode quite a lot. A feature I frequently use is M-<up> and M-<down> for moving whole lines upwards or downwards. That's a typical task when ordering TODOs in a file. I recently realized while programming in R that one often has single lines of code which one would like to move around (for example, to define a variable right before it is used for the first time etc.). I accidentally found myself hitting M-<up>/M-<down> in R but nothing happens. I would find this quite a useful feature. Just wanted to let you know in case someone finds this useful, too. It would save the "select the whole line", "cut", and "paste".

Cheers,

Marius