[ESS] proposal re: underscore, part 2

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 19:24:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

It's a pity we cannot have non-ess users opinion here:)

>From the next version of ESS you will get smart SPC which will correct
whatever mess is before the cursor and also indent:

"foo_"  into "foo <- "
"foo="  into "foo = "
"foo<-" into "foo <- "

and so on. Of course fully customized.

Originally I was thinking to implement a full set of smart operators,
but following Henning's suggestion it appeared to me that a very smart
SPACE should be pretty much enough for everything. It's also easier to
customize and considerably less intrusive.

Best,
Vitalie.