[ESS] [R] Emacs ESS finding all versions of R

Alex Olssen alex.olssen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 00:16:50 CEST 2011

Thanks Rich,

I am using 32-bit windows.  I have no other lines in my .emacs, and I
have never adjusted my site-start.el files manually. I did a clean
install of emacs, and then installed AUCTeX - which works fine. Then I
installed emacs.

I opened emacs using
  emacs -Q

I then typed
  M-x load-file
followed by
  c:/Program Files/emacs-23.3/site-lisp/ess-5.14/lisp/ess-site.el

emacs responded with
"Finding all versions of R on your system"
and then froze again.

I should probably mention that my home drive (H:/) is on a server but
I have installed emacs on my computers hard drive (C:/).

Perhaps I should install everything directly on H:/?

Alex