[ESS] Open R in an external terminal?

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Fri Nov 11 01:50:18 CET 2011

Le 10/11/2011 17:27, Harold Pimentel a écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> Sorry for the late response.
>
>> What is the value of ess-eval-visibly-p if it is the default you
>> should set it to nil. Evaluating code should not hang emacs unless you
>> evaluate it line by line (aka visibly).
>
> The value was 't' and I have set it to null which works now :)
>
> Does anyone know how to actually open an R session outside of Emacs?

You can't serisouly ask for:

- Open a terminal
- Type 'R' and enter...

Then I don't think I understand your question! :)
Mathieu

> Thanks,
>
> Harold

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, Post-Doc

~$ locate
Laboratoire d'Écologie Comportementale et de Conservation de la Faune
+ Centre d'Étude de la Forêt
Département de Biologie
Université Laval, Québec

~$ info
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
``If you can't win by reason, go for volume.''
Calvin, by Bill Watterson.