[ESS] completion using ess-remote

Francois Pepin francois.pepin at sequentainc.com
Wed Nov 9 07:46:06 CET 2011

Hi Rodney,

Sorry for not replying faster. I was trying a few other things but they didn't lead anywhere.

The code in ess-r-d.el matches this output and modifying it to set NS to "utils:::" in ess-R-complete-object-name also modifies the these lines. Unfortunately, this does not seem to solve the issue. My guess is that ESS is having problems reading back from R in this instance. This would explain why it is missing the "TRUE" that would be generated by (ess-current-R-at-least '2.7.0).

Is there anyone using ess-remote on this list? These seem to be basic issues and I find it strange that I would be the only one having them. Or would there be another way to get completion to work?

François Pepin
Scientist

Sequenta, Inc.
400 E. Jamie Court, Suite 301
South San Francisco, CA 94080

650 243 3929 p

francois.pepin at sequentainc.com
www.sequentainc.com

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) named in this message.  This communication is intended to be and to remain confidential and may be subject to applicable attorney/client and/or work product privileges.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and its attachments.  Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message and/or any attachments and if you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose the contents or take any action in reliance upon the information contained in this communication or any attachments.